Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the minimum age for participation in the adventure activities?
For all of our daytime adventures (except Segway Tours), participants must be aged 8 years or above. Nighttime adventures and Segway Tours require a minimum age of 12.
2. Do you provide the highest levels of safety when guiding and operating equipment?Yes. Your safety is our main concern. We operate to stringent policies and procedures. Our guides are fully trained and highly professional. All equipment is regularly checked, stored and maintained to the highest standards.
3. I have never Rock Climbed, Abseiled or Kayaked before?
No experience is required – Our qualified team will hook you up with the gear and skills that you’ll need for every Riverlife adventure.All adventures start with acomprehensive briefing where you will learn how to do the activity safely and can ask questions.
4. What is the minimum and maximum number of participants for the General Sessions?
General Sessions have no minimum numbers. Maximum numbers vary for each activity:
o Rock Climbing – 24 participants
o Abseiling – 36 participants
o Kayaking – 70 participants
o Segway Obstacle Course – 6 participants
o Segway Tour – 12 participants
5. What is the minimum number of participants for a Private Session?
Private Sessions require a minimum of 8 participants.
6. Is all equipment provided for the adventures?
Yes! We provide all the necessary equipment and safety wear for our adventures.
7. Is there parking at Riverlife?
No. There is no on-site parking at Riverlife. Limited car parking is available 400m from Riverlife at the end of River Terrace, adjacent to the Kangaroo Point Bikeway. For more information, please read our detailed map and parking alternatives.
8. Are there locker facilities available at Riverlife for guests?
Yes. Locker facilities are available to hire.
9. Are there shower facilities?
Yes. Riverlife offers complimentary shower facilities for all guests.
10. Does Riverlife provide sunscreen?
Yes. Riverlife strongly advocates for sun safety and provides complimentary sunscreen to all guests.
11. Are there EFTPOS facilities at Riverlife?
Yes, we accept EFTPOS and all major credit cards. However, please note that there is no ATM at Riverlife and we do not offer cash-out.
12. Does Riverlife offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, please ask our friendly staff for the login details.
13. Are there disabled facilities at Riverlife?
Yes. Please get in touch with us if you would like more information.
14. How far in advance do I need to book?
General Sessions require a minimum of 48 hours in advance to book. However, we do recommend booking as early as possible, as availability can fill up quickly.
15. Can I pay on the day?
No. We require payment in advance to confirm your booking. We accept payment via MasterCard and Visa by phone, or cash in store.
16. Do I need to reconfirm my booking?
No. Once you’ve paid for your booking, you can relax and leave the rest up to us!
17. What happens in the event of bad weather?
Itineraries may vary or be substituted for any reason including seasonal conditions, weather extremities, natural disasters, etc. Adventures cancelled by Riverlife due to bad weather will be rescheduled without any charge.
18. What happens if I want to cancel or reschedule my adventure?
Bookings can be rescheduled/cancelledfor a fee of $5.50 p.p., providing at least 24 hours notice is given. Bookingscannot be rescheduled or cancelled in the 24 hours prior to commencement.
19. Does Riverlife have tandem kayaks?
No. Riverlife only has single-rider kayaks.
20. What should I wear for kayaking?
We recommend wearing comfortable clothes or swimming attire. You may also wish to bring a spare change of clothes to change into afterwards.
21. Can I bring my phone or camera on river adventures?
Unless your electronics are both waterproof and float – it is not suggested!
22. What is the weight limit for kayaking?
The kayaks can carry up to 147kgs.
23. What are the weight restrictionsfor Segwaying?
For safety reasons, participants must be between 45kg – 117kg.
24. Are shoes provided for Rock Climbing and Abseiling?
No. Enclosed shoes must be brought to the Session to participate.
25. How high are the Kangaroo Point cliffs?
The Kangaroo Point Cliffs vary between 18 – 20m in height.
26. Does Riverlife have tandem bicycles?
No. Riverlife only has individual bikes.
27. How long is my Gift Certificate valid for?
Gift Certificates are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
28. How do I redeem my Gift Certificate?
Please get in touch with us and make a booking with the voucher number. If you have lost your voucher, please contact us.