brisbane school excursions
Outdoor Educational Activities in the Heart of Brisbane
School Adventure Groups
We are working with outdoor educators delivering the Australian Curriculum
At Riverlife the students don’t miss out on outdoor education activities in 2021, and they have the added convenience of returning home each night, with our new and improved school camps.
The curriculum-directed programs for year 5 to year 10 students will provide challenge and adventure activities to move students outside their comfort zone. Programs are a learning experience to contribute to development of general capabilities and cross-curriculum priorities of the Australian Curriculum.
Why choose Riverlife?
- Riverlife COVID Safe Approved Precautions against the Delta Strain
- Riverlife always operates in line with all current restrictions in place for Brisbane as set out by the Queensland Chief Health Officer
- We are a completely outdoor venue with open side shelters and a very generous COVID safe occupant capacity limit
- Our Approved COVID Safe Plans limit the number of people coming together in organised sport and active recreation
- Activities are outdoors, with social distancing possible for experiences and lunch breaks as per school requirements
- All participants use the Queensland Covid Check-in App and we have excellent health and hygiene procedures with plenty of facemasks and hand sanitiser available
- Riverlife has strict cleaning protocols for equipment and our experienced instructors enforce a ‘no physical contact or competition between students’ policy
- Class/Year groups may have their own separate outdoor space for the day with no new risks introduced and activities are conducted in small groups as per school requirements
- Riverlife’s day school camps outdoor educational activities has the convenience of students returning home each day and activities can be conducted with facemasks if required.
Explore the mighty Brisbane River on a guided kayaking experience. See the city from a different perspective, while discovering unique facts about the Brisbane River. All students will be equipped with personal flotation devices, undertake a safety briefing and the class will be accompanied by trained staff. Class kayak sessions are amongst one of the most popular experiences we deliver for Brisbane schools. If the students fall out (most of the time they decide to jump out) we have showers and change rooms available.
Abseiling is a great way for students to challenge themselves both mentally and physically just minutes from the classroom. The abseil from the top of the Kangaroo Point cliffs is a 20m descent with expansive views of Brisbane cityscape and riverway. Watch your seniors develop strong leadership skills as they help other students conquer their fears. All Riverlife abseiling sessions are conducted by qualified abseiling instructors and delivered to the highest health and safety standards. Abseiling the Kangaroo Point Cliffs is a great addition to any Brisbane school leadership or student development day.
Rock Climbing is a great way for students to challenge themselves both mentally and physically just minutes from the classroom. The abseil from the top of the Kangaroo Point cliffs is a 20m descent with expansive views of Brisbane cityscape and riverway. Watch your seniors develop strong leadership skills as they help other students conquer their fears. All Riverlife abseiling sessions are conducted by qualified abseiling instructors and delivered to the highest health and safety standards. Abseiling the Kangaroo Point Cliffs is a great addition to any Brisbane school leadership or student development day.
Have a class full of energy or an inter-school rivalry between sports teams? Riverlife’s outdoor laser tag is a great way to induce a healthy dose of competition into your students. Pick teams and battle it out in the riverside parklands using nature and giant inflatables as your defence. This activity grows skills in strategic thinking and problem-solving and is a great opportunity for senior students to show leadership.
Bike’s, Urb-e’s & Rollerblades
Discover Brisbane on a bike or URB-E (electric bike) tour along the inner city pathways. Learn the history, view the natural and urban landscapes and see iconic Brisbane sights up close and personal. This experience is great for students studying photography and history.
Add to your students experience by adding an experience from one of our partners to your package.
+ $15 Lunch
+ $15 Lunch
+ $30 2x Lunch
+ $30 2x Lunch
+ $30 2x Lunch