|Location:||Kangaroo Point / Northshore Harbour||Department/Group:||Sales/Planners|
|Level/Salary Range:||$25 hourly + incentives||Position Type:||0.6 Part Time|
• Oversee all weekly ordering tasks for items such as alcohol and linen.
• Receive and process all incoming deliveries for Functions.
• Attend weekly Operations meeting with Functions Team and Kitchen
• Attend initial briefing with each event coordinator for the day’s events, which informs the resulting briefing with all casual food and beverage teams.
• Cross check each event set up as per the Run Sheet and Floorplans.
• Oversee Food Service at each event running simultaneously.
• Work to directly support supervisors if any problems or uncertainties arise during the event.
• Ensure the safety and wellbeing of guests and team members is maintained at all times.
• Maintain Riverlife’s obligations under all regulatory guidelines including compliance with RSA.
• Maximising staff efficiency and productivity, especially during pack down to minimise overtime as much as possible.
• Ensure EOD procedures are followed precisely and pack down of venue is thorough and tidy.
• Deliver exceptional customer experience aligned with event brief.
• Conduct training for supervisors and new food and beverage staff.
• Perform staff evaluations and report on staff behavior to Management.
• Assist in updating functions procedures and guidelines including closing and food and beverage service.
• Although primarily located at Riverlife, the Functions Manager will provide support to the Northshore
Harbour Event Coordinator whenever possible.
• Strong verbal Communication and listening skills with a Customer Service focus.
• Problem solving and multi-tasking skills with an ability to handle pressure.
• Time Management skills to deliver to deadlines.
• Ability to lead, motivate and engage a large team.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with differing priorities.
• Self-confident and assertive in working towards organisational goals and while leading changes to ‘best practice’.
• Unwavering professional conduct.
• Clear and concise communication skills when instructing a team and providing feedback.
• Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Market Knowledge, Creativity.
Key Personal Attributes:
• Exceptional presentation and personal grooming expected on Event Days.
• Consistently display a positive attitude, even while under pressure.
• Takes pride in work and achievements.
• Works well in a team environment and autonomously.
• Shows initiative and a drive to succeed.
• Enjoys a high level of responsibility.
Looking for casual food & beverage work?
Send us through your resume & cover letter today