Twilight Rock Climbing
Friday: 4.30pm | Saturday: 5:00pm
About the experience
Rediscover Kangaroo Point rock climbing on a Twilight Rock Climb Adventure! Escape the summer heat and scale the Kangaroo Point Cliffs by moonlight. Challenge yourself under the stars, bringing your friends and family along for a fun Saturday night.
This guided rock climbing adventure runs for 2 hours and will see you tackle the cliffs during your climbing time and assist in belaying your fellow adventurers. Our qualified instructors will take your through a safety briefing and fit you with all safety equipment to ensure and are safe and confident on the cliffs.
Riverlife’s rock climbing adventures are guided by qualified and experienced instructors. No experience is necessary as each session includes full instruction, a safety briefing and all equipment including. Participants must be at least 12 years of age for the Twilight Rock Climb Adventure. Bookings essential.
- 2-hour guided rock climbing adventure with a qualified instructor
- Safety briefing pre-experience
- All adventure and safety equipment including helmet, harness and gloves
- Lockers available for hire for personal belongings
- Showers and change rooms
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable clothing (pants only), activewear recommended
- Enclosed Shoes
- Water bottle
What is the minimum age?
The minimum age for Kangaroo Point Twilight Rock Climb is 12 years old. Children aged 12 – 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Are there any weight or height restrictions?
There are no height restrictions for this activity. Maximum weight for this activity is 120kg.
What do I wear?
Wear comfortable pants that move easily, e.g. activewear, and enclosed shoes. Showers and change rooms are available onsite for your convenience.
How long does the tour run for?
Our guided rock climbing experiences run for 2 hours.
Do I need any experience?
No! Our highly-qualified rock climbing instructors will guide you through your entire experience making sure you are confident on the cliffs.
I am afraid of heights, should I do this experience?
Yes! Our amazing instructors will hold your hand through the entire experience ensuring you are safe and confident before you tackle the cliffs! Our equipment is state of the art and regularly maintained for your safety.
Where do I meet for the tour?
You will be rock climbing from on top of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs but we ask that you please come to the Riverlife Adventure Centre, Naval Stores, Kangaroo Point, to begin your adventure experience.
Can I book at a time that’s not advertised?
Yes! We accept private group bookings (6 pax minimum) at any time of your choosing during opening hours. Book this here.
About Brisbane and the Kangaroo Point Cliffs
When on a Brisbane abseil at Riverlife there are some incredible views of Brisbane. The high vantage point of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs showcases Brisbane better than anywhere else. But there is more to this spot than stunning sunsets! Check out these fast facts about Brisbane and the Kangaroo Point Cliffs:
- The Kangaroo Point Cliffs is a natural cliff face. European settler, John Oxley, described Kangaroo Point as a “high, rocky bank” surrounded by “jungle” in 1823.
- The cliffs have changed a lot since then! From 1829 – 1976, the cliffs were quarried. Brisbane Tuff is the unique, volcanic extract from the cliffs. The heritage-listed Commissariat Store and The Old Windmill, both located in the CBD, were constructed using Brisbane Tuff.
- Brisbane was the busiest submarine port in the world during World War II. Dozens of ships on their way to Pearl Harbor were diverted to Brisbane for safety. Hundreds of wharves for docked ships filled the Brisbane River by December 1943, complete with building and repair facilities.
- Brisbane is also the birthplace of the classic Australian treat, the Lamington! French chef Armand Galland accompanied Lord & Lady Lamington to Brisbane in 1900 to cook for them. The Lamington’s were always hosting uninvited guests and Chef Armand was at his wit’s end! In a pinch, he took a slab of day-old french sponge cake, iced it with chocolate and coconut, and voila! The Lamington was born.
Book an adventure »
Kayaking, Abseil, Rock Climbing and more
Hire Activities »
Kayaks, Urb-E's, bicycles and more
School Groups »
Excursions & day trip packages to cater to your Schools needs.